Welcome to the web portal for the Fédération des producteurs de porcs du Québec!
This web portal is the reflection of a forward-looking production; always in the avant-garde of its sector. The new technologies are an important part of our lives and that is why the Fédération took the techno turn by launching a new web portal and by increasing its presence in the social media. In a world which quickly evolves, we wish to pursue our work to show the whole world how great Quebec pork production is. Make sure to visit regularly so you don't miss out on our daily updates.
David Boissonneault, President
WO WE ARE
Founded in 1966, the Fédération des producteurs de porcs du Québec (FPPQ) is an agricultural association established by virtue of the Professional Syndicates Act. The Federation is affiliated with the Union des producteurs agricoles [UPA] and the Canadian Pork Council (CPC).
Consisting of 12 regional syndicates, the FPPQ brings together 3,560 pork producers of the many regions of Quebec.
Our mission is to work in the interest of Quebec's pork producers in association with the whole Pork Network and in harmony with the society.
THE MISSION'S ENONCIATION
- To insure the sustainability of Quebec's pork producers
- To develop pork production in a long term perspective
- To be a leader in Quebec's pork industry
- To offer a high-quality product to our consumers and the rest of the world
The FPPQ manages the Quebec pork producers' Joint Plan and administers the regulation of pork collective marketing.
The Federation is also responsible for the administration of three funds, created from a levy on every pig sold, namely:
- A Publicity and Promotion fund
- A Research fund
- A general fund offering technical expertise services that facilitate the establishment of various programs for the development of a quality product and to support the Plan agroenvironnemental de la production porcine (the agri-environmental pork production plan), the Plan de valorisation de la profession (plan to promote the profession) and développement de la génétique (genetics development).